Tuesday 28 May 2013

I heard a little voice and a teddy bear spoke to me!

There I did it again. I usually blog on a Monday but yesterday was as if I did not catch sides and when I opened my eyes it was Tuesday. If you have not lately been visiting my online store at http://www.bestforreading.com, do yourself a favour. I am busy updating my site with the latest hot new releases as well as the best sellers for 2013! Remember; http://www.bestforreading.com is the on line shop to be. I have wonderful hot new releases in children's books as well. One of the books I am selling in my online store http//www.bestforreading.com is a kindle edition; "Whatever after #3: Sink or swim" by Sarah Mlynoski foe only $10.09. You get about $4 discount on my site!

The other day I suddenly remembered the time when I moved into my house and when a teddy bear started speaking to me. Yes, this is the truth and I could not care if people believe me or not. I have moved into my house a few years ago. Next to my house is a very funny set-up with the roads. In the middle is an island with vegetation. One of the bushes is a conifer spruce of some kind.


A while after I have moved in, I decided to see what is growing in this garden. As I walked pass the corner of the island I saw a teddy bear lying under the spruce. This teddy bear was dirty and full of slime. The slime obviously was from snails and slugs.    

I have walked pass this poor teddy bear a few times and every time my eye caught the sight of this teddy bear lying underneath the bush. I totally ignored it just for the simple reason that it really was dirty and full of slime. However, one day, as I was walking pass the teddy bear again, I heard a little voice saying: "Please save me". I really felt like an idiot and thought no, it is impossible. A toy cannot speak. I heard this little voice again. The strange thing is that it was not a voice per say. More like a voice speaking in my head. I decided to listen to this voice and rescued the teddy bear.

     
Under this conifer is the exact spot where I have found this teddy bear. I picked this dirty, slimy teddy bear up between two fingers and carried it to a council bin in my yard which is standing next to my house and placed the dirty teddy bear in the bin. 


The teddy bear has been lying in this bin for a few months and I did not take much notice of it. Then, lo and behold. I was working in my garden and walked passed the bin. Again I heard this little voice: "Please wash me". Imagine this! I ignored the voice and a day or two later when I walked passed the bin again, I heard the same voice asking me to wash him. I realised that there is only one thing that could be talking to me and that is the teddy bear. I took the teddy bear and threw him in the washing machine. I do not think the teddy bear minded at all being washed in the washing machine as I did not hear another little voice. Teddy bear came out of the washing machine brand spanking new although his one seems a bit "weaker" than the other one. Look closely, the right arm appears to be floppy. . 


    
Teddy, as he is now known,  has since been living in my bedroom. Yes, I am an adult and should not believe in these things. Who cares? I still maintain to this day that I have heard this voice on two occasions. Since teddy has been living in my room, I have never heard another voice. He must be happy and I refuse to let any child play with Teddy.     

I presume it is time to giver a few interesting facts about South Africa again. 

The largest defeat of British Troops in all the colonial warfare outside of Europe was  in 1879 at Isandlwana, situated in the present day Kwazulu-Natal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isandlwana

South Africa has 11 official languages. All have equal status in front of the law. In the indigenous languages spoken in South Africa, besides Afrikaans, the word "stranger" does not exist. Many South Africans believe in ubuntu. Basically it means; "I am because of you". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(philosophy).

Appeltizer was created by an South African. Due its to its later popularity, Coca Cola bought a  50% stake in it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appletiser

A South African product, Pratley Putty has been to the moon. It was used to hold together parts of the Apollo X1's landing mission in 1969. http://www.pratley.com/

"It feels like God visits everywhere else but lives in Africa" - Actor Will Smith on his first visit to South Africa.

My recipe for this week is very easy to make and delicious!

Grated cucumber salad

1 cucumber
1 t sugar (5 ml )
30 ml boiled water ( 2 dessert spoons)
2.5 ml (1/2 teaspoon) salt
1.25 ml (1/4 teaspoon) fine black pepper
80 ml ( 1/4 cup) white grape vinegar

Peel cucumber and grate with a coarse grater. Dissolve the sugar in the warm water, add the salt and stir in the vinegar. Mix well. Pour over cucumber. Enjoy with any stew or barbecue!  
      
     
 Remember; http://www.bestforreading.com is the place to shop at!


  
         

1 comment:

  1. This has got to be the most random question ever. While doing a search for a completely different bear, your blog popped up. See, I have this exact same bear (I believe) and MY Nosey Bear was found in a very similar circumstance. Dragged down the street by a dog, my bear was rescued. The puppy had chewed off his nose, my mom sewed on a pink button in its place. And thus, he is now named Nosey Bear. He has a tag on his bum, that has been long faded. I was wondering if your bear has squeakers in his ears? And if so, does your bear have a bum tag with the manufacturer?

    ReplyDelete